[gui-talk] Any ideas for Windows CE software?

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 00:20:25 UTC 2010

Ah, in that case, you can't install any third party software on the
BrailleNote. I'd really be surprised if any mainstream software
company has even heard of the BrailleNote or KeySoft. The only
exception to this would be any text based games, but nothing else
other than that. Closed environment means exactly that--closed. Sorry
to be the barer of bad news. If you were using the Pac Mate or another
off the shelf device or OS, such as Windows Mobile, then since those
are open, you can install many programs on them. But due to the BN's
closed nature, you can't install anything else, other than what
HumanWare has written for the BN itself, on the unit. To be truthful,
though the BN runs Windows CE, the OS is more in the background and
the BN's proprietary interface is in the foreground.

Wayne