[gui-talk] Jaws Daisy updates

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 11 02:22:04 UTC 2010

L.

that all worked fine for me. I have an icon, call it shortcut if you prefer,
that Jaws installs on the Desktop when it installs. So I didn't have to poke
around the Start/Programs menus to get to FS Reader.

Also,But that's about it. All the training files I'd downloaded and
installed were listed, and I pretty much got the hang of reading and
navigating, although a little bumpily, sometimes. F6 may take you *into* a
file you've hit Enter on, but unlike in most Windows-type arrangements like
this, F6 won't take you back into the tree view you came from. At least for
me, it didn't work and I had to just exit Alt F4 now and then. Also, I might
start reading a doc about, say, Research It, and by default, Jaws would
speak. But if I pressed control P to pause, then control P again to toggle
back to resume speaking, I'd get one of those human voices, an American
male. Not so terrible, but I had been fine with Jaws/eloquence. I had to
fiddle around a little bit, pressing Control P repeatedly and then pressing
the Say All command at some point to get Eloquence to return. At times,
Eloquence was speaking not quite in time with that human voice, in fact it
was reporting things I did with controls and menu commands while the human
voice kept reading the Research It text. I don't know. I guess I'll figure
it out. Or not, maybe. Who knows?

J.