[gui-talk] N.Y. Times Magazine article on the Braille issue

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 4 02:54:08 UTC 2010

Hi listers,

I'm aware that Braille literacy or lack of it can be a big and very fraught
issue in the blind community. Personally, I may have some opinions about it
but don't really have a dog in the fight, as Clinton might say, having been
sighted until late middle age. I'm nothing if not literate. All I'd use
Braille for, if I could even learn it (a month spent on a distance-learning
course suggested that my pertinent intellectual capabilities are fine for
this sort of thing, but my fingers just may not be sensitive enough) would
be pressing the occasional elevator button or labeling my music CDs. but
that's just me.

Here's the URL, copied and pasted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/magazine/03Braille-t.html?th&emc=th

Joel