[gui-talk] Installed new Winamp but can't touch it with Jaws

hmp humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Tue Feb 9 02:55:23 UTC 2010

This is very unfair slightly by the fact that some software
manufacturers tend to make their software inaccessible. I have
experienced this too. I don't like it. Sometimes you upgrade to a
newer version of that program, and a screen reader doesn't touch
it at all. Anyways, why are the software developers this way? Why
aren't they providing accessibility with screen readers?

Jaws

>Remember I was trying to get rid of that update notice that was
blockingh me
>from Winamp? Well, I went to the Control Panel, Add/Remove
Software, and
>removed it. A dialogue said that a few files had been left
behind, and I
>could delete them if I liked.

>So I  found the Winamp section of Program Files, and deleted
every thing
>there, which was mostly subfolders that said something about
Add-Ons and
>another that said Windows Detect. I figured I was doing the right
thing.

>well I founddownloaded and installed  the new free version of
Winamp, and
>because I chose to allow it to open when I finished the
installation, a
>brawny-sounding male voice said something about how great Winamp
is, for a
>few seconds. during this time, I could pause it, end it and/or
start from
>the beginning just like normal, but guess what? When I exited it
then
>pressed Enter to play one of my .mp3 music files (which I keep on
my
>computer, not in some library attached to a player program), the
song played
>and I could see the dark square that was Winamp, but I couldn't
touch it
>with the keyboard commands.

>Anybody know why things happened this way? I'm really
disappointed. I was