[gui-talk] Fwd: Hardware Weather Stations and Window-Eyes

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Mon Aug 23 05:54:11 UTC 2010

From:	Blind Melon Chitlin funkybassplayer at dodo.com.au
To:	GW INFO gw-info at gwmicro.com

Hi all.

In regards to a earlier post from me last week enquiring if anyone knows of any hardware weather stations that will work with w.e.

Ok. I had a look around, ebay mostly, and found a pro weather station, that's
what they are listed as, that uses pc software called EZ weather.

The hardware is a pro weather station by Tycon
The non touch screen model....

Anyways. Bottom line is that the software works just fine with w.e. after making a few user windows.
The unit reads,

Indoor temp and humidity.
Outdoor temp, humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed gust direction chill, dew point rainfall,

The software also displays the min max of all the readings for the day month etc.
All works just fine..

www.proweatherstation.com

I did have to get my wife to give me a hand bolting the outdoor sensors together,

Took all of five mins to do, and then a small amount of sighted help to make sure
the user windows I was setting up were for the readings I wanted.

i.e. making sure the outdoor temp was reading the current outdoor temp , not the min
or max from the last 24 hours etc.

I got mine off ebay for sub 100 bux Australian delivered.

Hope this is of some use to some one.

J.J.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net