[gui-talk] Fwd: VisionMidwest

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Mon Aug 23 03:53:50 UTC 2010

From: John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
To: iavicp at ultragroups.net

Hi everyone,

Here is more information on the convention that we are linking up with for
our first ever national convention. Again, I am chairing a roundtable
discussion on the biggest challenges faced by visually impaired computer
professions today. That's the only official IAVIT event but there are a
lot of other computer related events.

From: Schneider, Katherine S. SCHNEIKS at uwec.edu

Join Blind and Visually Impaired Consumers and Professionals
Going to Madison, Wisconsin on October 22-24, 2010 for the
Vision Midwest Conference

Where can you go to a blind bowling tournament and touch a 2,000 year old
sculpture at a museum? Where can you find professional presentations on
VIP careers and the latest in adaptive technology, cell phones and
computers? From stem cell research to teaching with "A Tactile Guide to
the Solar System" the first annual Vision Midwest Conference welcomes you
with diverse programming.  Brought to you by the new nonprofit 12 State,
Inc., the conference features VIP sports, an Assistive Technology
Training, an APH National Instructional Partnership on Adaptive Physical
Education and Children with Visual Impairment, and over 120 sessions
focused on blindness and visual impairment.

So, what's it going to cost me? With hotels about $90 a night double
occupancy (including tax) and $35 for conference registration (some
sports, special events and ACVREP professional education credits a bit
extra) - this is an affordable conference for you - and your family and
friends too! You can register for the conference at
http://www.12state.org/register

Need more information? Go to www.VisionMidwest.org
www.visionmidwest.org

See you in October at the Vision Midwest Conference!

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com
Skype:  steve1963