[gui-talk] Fwd: iTunes and Window-Eyes

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun Aug 8 13:28:03 UTC 2010

I thought the following message from Doug Geoffray from GW Micro could
be useful for anyone who uses itunes and particularly Window-Eyes users.
-Steve.

 From:    Doug Geoffray geoffray at gwmicro.com

Bill,

I'm glad you brought this up.  First, to answer your question, 7.2 works
very well with the latest iTunes.  We have been working with Apple to
ensure this.  In fact, if you look at Apples accessibility web page they
only mention Window-Eyes for Windows iTunes support.

But this doesn't mean we are done.  Apple has asked me to get a list of
issues that Window-Eyes users are still having.  If you are having
accessibility issues, please feel free to send them along. I'll be glad
to pass them on to Apple if they are iTunes issues or put them in our
list of issues if it is Window-Eyes related.

Regards,
Doug

Bill Scherer wrote:

Just curious as to the state of accessability with Itunes and
Window-eyes 7.2?I haven't had it around on my computer for quite a
while because it always seemed to need to be updated. I also felt the
interface was a bit clunky to use. Since we've dumped our Satelite
provider I'm rethinking adding it to our computer that's hooked up to
the big screen for the sightlings.
Any tips etc. would be appreciated.
Bill

Regards Steve