[gui-talk] Fwd: Preview of JAWS 12

Nimer Jaber nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 11:50:34 UTC 2010

Hello,

This is interesting. I agree with the whole bit about working on
features that will make JAWS easier in the workplace. I'm not sure
that making this whole new settings center is going to help anyone
out. In fact, it's just going to confuse many people because people
who are training clients on JAWS are going to hve to know both layouts
and have to figure out which version their clients are using. Also,
for people who use JAWS at the workplace, this is going to be just
something else that people need to learn. I do think there needs to be
change from the configuration manager, but I'm not sure that this
settings manager thing is the way to do it, and I don't know that
searching for a setting is going to make it easier than if they just
put the settings in menus that made some sense instead of what they
currently name their menus. We'll see though when it comes out how
useful some of these features are.

Thanks
Nimer J