[gui-talk] any Jaws-friendly music apps that allow creating mono from stereo?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Mon Sep 28 23:46:39 UTC 2009

That subject line just about says it. I'm deaf in one ear as the result of a
medical problem a couple of years ago, and so obviously I'd like to be able
to rip music files from my CDs or possibly download the occasional music
file but then have a way to convert it from stereo to mono, at whichever
compression ratio and file size I'm using for that track.

The owner of Easy CD/DVA Extractor has provided me with what I guess you
call a plug-in to modify my copy of his program with in order to add a list
of mono options to the output list. But for some reason I simply can't
understand, the file extension of this plug-in won't work with my XP
computer, big bong error message, and so it's of no help to me.

I keep thinking there must be some ordinary, Jaws-friendly music program out
there for ripping and CD creation and/or copying that would offer mono among
its file output options, but where?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions,
Joel