[gui-talk] HELP -- IE and constant chatter

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 23:06:53 UTC 2009

Hi all -- I posted something about this earlier today, about winamp
chatter -- but it only happens when IE7 is open.  I can't open a webpage
without something happening that causes jaws to chatter about winamp as if
there is something scrolling across the screen.  I think the problem is my
fault as I allowed a website to install an add-on to IE not long ago. The
problem seems to have started then. But I don't know where to go to
uninstall this add-on -- or even what the add-on is called so I can kill it.
This is very annoying.
Can someone familiar with IE direct me to where the add-ons are listed, and
where I can remove them? I assume add/remove programs on the control panel
is a good place to start, but on my system the list of programs and updates
there is massive.

Thanx in advance.
--le