[gui-talk] Internet inactive after certain minutes & Generic Process Win32: ANY IDEAS?

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 14:26:11 UTC 2009

Hi guys: Using Windows XP and All because wanting to update from IE6 to
seven have the problems described: Though the network card recognizes the
cable is connected or disconnected after certain minutes the Internet
becomes inactive having to unplug and plug the network cable for it to work
again. The problem isn't with the cable company because as I said, the
network slot recognizes the status of the network cable, thus I figure it
has something to do with the Firewall or some configuration within IE6. I
feel as if I'm using Internet via phone having to unplug and plug for it to
come bac when Internet via cable should constantly be available!
Also, since last night I've been getting a message regarding the Generic
Process Win32 having to close to prevent loss of data. what's this all
about? because in doing a serch on the Net I found it has something to do
with all Windows XP Service Pack two machines and having to install some
kind of patch to fix this error. Any ideas? I've got AVG as my antivirus and
am wondering if this error and the Internet inactive describe above, merrits
scanning my system?
Thanks beforehand for any ideas.
Gerardo