[gui-talk] coordinated approach to access to text books

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Sep 6 02:52:04 UTC 2009

Allen:

For whatever reason, you are choosing to believe that the only thing
that NFB is doing on book accessibility is to bring lawsuits.  This
is not true.  We were  involved with the NIMAS efforts on a variety
of levels, have proposed Fede3ral legislation, and in some ways
started this whole thing with talks with publishers and others back
in 90's.  I would guess there are efforts of which I know nothing
going on right now.  Litigation is sometimes necessary, and when it
is, we don't hesitate, but change is brought about on a number of
fronts and we are working in other areas as well as litigation.

Dave