[gui-talk] windows 7 upgrade

denise avant dravant at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 28 08:17:07 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have a sony vaio notebook, which I purchased in may 2008. The computer was
actually released for sale in march 2008 according to the tech person at
sony. It runs windows vista professional. I was told that this particular
model was ineligible for windows 7 upgrade because sony had not posted the
necessary drivers on its website. I thought I would post this here to alert
people who are moving from vista to windows 7 to be sure your manufactuer
can handle such an upgrade. I was surprised to learn that the reason for my
not being able to run windows 7 was not due to processing speed, memory or
hard disk space but was simply due to the fact that drivers are not
currently posted for this computer.