[gui-talk] Can't find Amazon mp3 downloaded album on myharddrive

Jim Fettgather jim at fettgather.net
Sun Oct 11 17:10:59 UTC 2009

I had a similar experience when i first tried to use the Amazon MP3
downloader.
What I had first failed to notice upon attempting to purchase an album was
that the Internet Explorer information bar had appeared, effectively
blocking the download. I had to press the spacebar and choose download from
the resulting menu.

Then, a new dialog appears, from which you can choose open or save.  And,
this is very important, you much choose open and not save.

While the tracks are being downloaded, you can very conveniently look in
the System Tray and the status of all of the tracks is very clearly
displayed as they are being downloaded and added to either the Windows Media
Player library or Itunes, which ever you have chosen in preferences.

I lost an entire album when I one time got the Thank you confirmation of
purchase page, but had neglected to respond to the infromation bar request.

I was able to write to customer support and got the chance to download the
album again.