[gui-talk] Fwd: A cookie press, TNT consulting, installing IE 8 and more audio history on Innovations this week

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun Oct 4 12:30:13 UTC 2009

 From:    Naama Erez naama at theglobalvoice.info
 To:      whats on whatson at theglobalvoice.info

Hello,

Yet another packed and varied Innovations this week.
We start off with a segment about a cookie press. What is it, and how can
blind people use it? Why are so many blind people intimidated to use it in
their holiday baking? Julia Johnson has more.
We than have a short interview with Mr. Brian Hartgen about TNT consulting
and about what they do.
Many of us are forced to install Internet Explorer 8 these days. How does
one install and tame it for better use with a screen reader? Julia Johnson
and Geoff Shang tackle that particular issue.
We wind things up with part 6 of everything you wanted to know about
recorded audio.
Innovations first airs on The Global Voice
www.theglobalvoice.info
on Tuesday at 17UTC, that's 2pm US Eastern, 11am US pacific and 7pm in
Central Europe.
You can also find it in our Program Gallery afterwards.
There are quite a few repeats of the program throughout the week, and you
are welcome to check the schedule for a time that best suits you.
If you have missed those, you can always listen to the show on Sunday at 23
UTC, that's 7pm US Eastern, on
radioforlife.net
and you can also catch it on
tapingfortheblind.org
So join Chrissie Cochrane for another spectacular edition of Innovations,
produced by The Global Voice, the most informative, entertaining, and
interactive station on the internet.
All the best,
Naama Erez
Executive Producer