[gui-talk] sorry if redundant Albert Griffith

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sat Nov 7 04:10:32 UTC 2009

I'm sorry if this has already been posted (because of a fluke in my ISP's
email, I don't see my own mailing list posts), and I didn't find it in my
Sent Itemns folder. Here it is again. Or for the first time. Whatever.paost
alreaey

I'm too sad about Albert's death right now to express myself as coherently
as he deserves, and I didn't know anything about the Scouts. But I know his
life was full of situations where he stood up for himself, struck out on
adventures that would have intimidated another blind guy (he was total since
birth) and earned himself a B. A. and a social Work degree and made a decent
life for himself,. A lot of heart, the guy had. We emailed back and forth
constantly, sending each other articles, essays, book reviews, discussing
all sorts of things, and the one long phone conversation we had a few months
ago was a very happy, in-synch sort of chat. We shared music and music
opinions and ideas, too. Lots of stuff. he was a big part of my daily life,
for years, and I'll miss him terribly.

I guess I just had to get that out. Maybe if Diane requests tributes for his
memorial service or something I'll write a more formal and better-composed
tribute, but I just had to say something. A whole in my heart for now. he
was really a good pal.
Joel
heartrtribuee,jhis musc xchanging exchanged him himsefl.social work
certaificate was fws ws