[gui-talk] How to set up a new laptop with Jaws?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Fri Nov 6 00:35:19 UTC 2009

Hi Tammy,

That makes sense, so far as it goes. But considering that this will be a
different computer, won't my friend have to ask me to provide him with some
information he'll have to input when asked during the installation? I mean,
not only the serial number, or whatever that is in my About Jaws section in
Help, but some other authorization number as well?  I mean, if and when I
download Jaws 11 to this desktop computer where Jaws 10 is already running,
I know when I run the exec. file the install wizard will recognize that Jaws
is on this computer and go about its business installing itself.

But in the other computer, which will not already have Jaws on it? When my
sighted friend downloads and then runs the install file, what hoops will he
be faced with in order to get it to go ahead and install, along with my
possibly answering basic questions about setup style if such questions are
presented to him at the time?

Or am I worried needlessly?

Joel