[gui-talk] Just realized: I have no DVD drive for new Jaws 11

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 13:59:21 UTC 2009

Yes, exactly. That's what I've been doing the last few years. The
things that are on the DVD that you might want, but could also
download from the fS site, include the Daisy training material and the
voices. Like I say though, you can get both of these from the FS site
or, in the case of the Daisy training material, by doing the Check for
Updates item in the JAWS Help menu. Whenever I get the CD/DVD that
JAWS comes on, it goes straight into my desk drawer with the other
JAWS CD's. The other big change is that you can preview and download
individual voices from the FS site. I completely understand what
you're saying about the voices and agree. I've tried the voices
before, but have found them to be slower in responsiveness than the
Eloquence voices. Why mess with what works?

Hth,
Wayne