[gui-talk] no links, and page disappeared.

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Mon May 25 23:04:26 UTC 2009

Hi list members, ken here with a question that is driving me nuts.   Just
now, I went to the Classmates dot com site and it took me almost half an
hour to simply locate where I wanted to go and when I got there and Hit a link,
 the screen reader said no links.  and then the page vanished.  t  window
still said I was on AOL and still on classmates but that's all.   something
is slowing the machine down that has nothing to do with space on the  drive
or a dial up connection.  The same thing seems to happen when jaws  gives me
the warning to reboot.  When I hit Okay the page is gone.   I've never seen
that happen anywhere but on this old clunker.  Well since  I'm stuck with it
and stuck with dial up Huh?  what's causing it to do  this?  Also another
strange error.  today when I hit a reply button on  an email, I got a message
something like Create control prompt.  also th  control key was stuck as if
I had engaged sticky keys.  I couldn't even  unload jaws and continue using
thunder.  Does anyone know what create ctrl  prompt is?  think there was a
next button in there.  Oh Yeah before I  forget, Last weekend in her
newsletter Kim Komando had a column about netbook  computers.  The same item is in
USA toady online.  Does anyone on list  have experience with netbook's?  Ken.

I pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind To  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by its
constitution.
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823249x1201398664/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May
ExcfooterNO62)