[gui-talk] "Whozit?" )was Re: FW: 2009 NFB Convention Agenda)

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun May 24 01:53:31 UTC 2009

Hi Lloyd,

To me, it sounds like maybe a caption beneath or above whatever the logo is,
which I'm imagining now as maybe a walking or strolling person holding a
long white cane. And that it's a slang American contraction for "who is it?"
as if referring to a mysterious stranger with a white cane, or something
like that. I have no central vision, so I'd have to get someone sighted to
look at it and confirm my suspicion, but my guess is that it's a picture of
a person with a white cane, and it is asking basically "who is his mystery
person with the white cane?"Reviewing and spell checking, I realize I just
repeated myself. Sorry.

Is there anyone who actually knows about the origin of this design? And if
anyone's low vision but in such  a way that they can make visual sense of it
but don't wish to reveal that on the list, please email me at my address and
I won't tell on you.

If no one responds with certain knowledge that I can simply fisualize, I'll
just wait until a sighted friend comes by my apartment, show them the logo
at the Web site, and just ask what it looks like. That will be fine,
although then I'll still wish I knew how it came to be.

Thanks very mmuch.
Joel