[gui-talk] Last in thread (was Re: 2009 NFB Convention Agenda)

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sat May 23 17:58:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

I don't think you sound uptight. Look, I knew the schedule was available
online at the site. That wasn't the problem. I simply wanted to know why
everyone except me and maybe Marsha insisted that it had conveniently come
to them right in their posts from this mailing list, forwarded to the list
by Dave. No one provided any sort of explanation for that, and I wanted to
know in order to enhance my understanding  of computer issues, to put it
sloppily. that is all I'm after, here, when I keep asking why my email was
empty while everyone else except for Marsha says their was full of the
schedule. You know. You open the email, and right al=way there's all this
text going down many pages until you get to the bottom and then, and only
then, it says the boilerplate  stuff about how to unsub . See? Coo? That was
what I wanted to know. What happened? it is this that I'm curious about. It
doesn't matter that I could give up and just go to the NFB site and find the
same info. I get that. I just want to know what's the matter ,either with my
email client, or the way the thing was distributed, or who knows what, so
that all this didn't come directly to me in email as it seems to have for
nearly everyone else. I'm not being uptight and neither are you. it's not a
matter of there being an easy solution that I'm ignoring. I get that. I have
not been asking again and again  where the schedule was. After I said I
didn't receive it in my post forwarded by Dave, someone said go get  it on
the NFB site. Fine. No problem. But what on earth went wrong? See? I hope?
if you don't think my curiousloty is intelligent, or find it agitating for
some reason, I am very sorry. Thank you very much. Perwsonally, I really
don't want to waste anyone's time, including mine, by repeatedly addressing
the remarks of others who can't anser my actual question-- which is not
where do I find the schedule online but what went wrong in my email--- , and
so I'd like to sign off on this subject line. Please, please, if anyone
wishes to discuss the actual NFB convention plans will they please start a
new subject line? Please? You could say, for instance, disagree with item
Number 9 A on Convention Agenda, or Second speaker for Convention, or
whatever. Just not NFB convention anymore, okay? Thanks.
Subject: Re: [gui-talk] 2009 NFB Convention Agenda

Remember, if you're not getting the convention agenda via email, you
can always download it from the NFB website. I know it would have been
more convenient to read the email like many others, but for whatever
reason, that's not working for some. Really guys, I'm not meaning to
sound up tight, but with such a simple solution of downloading a Word
document from a website for the same material that most other people
got via email, it seems like that's enough to solve the problem. We
can talk all day of why the information didn't come through, but it's
not a big deal; just grab the same info from the website.

JMt,
Wayne

--
My blog: