[gui-talk] A glitch in the righteous posture? (was Reading Rights Coalition Denounces Random House)

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri May 22 09:56:31 UTC 2009

Joel:  I would say there are three reasons for the protest.  First,
there are groups in the Reading Rights Coalition who are directly
impacted now -- persons with disabilities besides
blindness.  Secondly, it is my understanding that Amazon has said
that they intend to make the device accessible to blind persons at
some point, so we are working for the future, and third, I think we
are trying to stop something by the authors before something worse
happens.  If we loose the right to use text to speech here -- what is next?

Dave