[gui-talk] Fwd: JAWS 10.0.1151 update released!

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Tue May 19 05:35:18 UTC 2009

Steve,

I see. We have something equivalent we could do in jaws, but I'd never have
even thought of it, since I know how to just go to that Web page that's an
announcement of the new build. I suppose it was too bad I didn't simply
click on the link in that email, and search for the exact build number. But
I did not think of going to so much trouble. Thanks for explaining. I should
think, if they preferred to, they could just say plainly in their
announcement and on that Web page I'm referring to exactly what bug fixes
are involved in only this update, but they don't seem so inclined. Which
wouldn't be ,my idea of how to post a helpful, promotional announcement, but
so it goes. In this world of jaws logic, sometimes some very ordinary
expectations aren't borne out by the way they will do something like this.
You gotta love them for their individuality, would be one way to comment on
that. It oughtn't to be quite so complicated to figure something like this
out, and require clever thinking and running search functions and stuff like
that. Sigh.
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: [gui-talk] Fwd: JAWS 10.0.1151 update released!

Hi Joel,

What I did to find the list of changes that applied to this update was
to go to the link that was in the message I forwarded and then use the
command in Window-Eyes to find text on the screen.  In Window-Eyes this
command is activated by pressing Control shift F.  In the edit box I
typed 1151 and got Window-Eyes to search for that.  The result was that
it took me to a place close to the list of enhamcements for that build.
I hope this helps.

Regards Steve.

On Mon, 18 May 2009 19:53:30 -0700
"Joel Deutsch" <jdeutsch at dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Where on earth did you find this list of fixes specific to this update? As
> said, the page on the FS site that provides info on updates to Version 10
> lumps together all modifications made to the version since its initial
> Beta
> release. But I take it these are just to do with the brand new changes.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com