[gui-talk] How to delete and then recreate an OE folder, please?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun May 10 22:56:41 UTC 2009

it's okay. I've done it already. Some day maybe I'll learn how to inspect
and possibly repair a corrupted file, but in this case my main thought was
that I didn't really need to keep scores of thousands of messages I'd sent
people, and also that a system that works by creating  a single file out of
a folder's worth of messages, as OE does, is found to be troublesome
sometimes. I know audio and video files can be pretty big, too, but they
don't seem as vulnerable to getting messed up mysteriously as these huge OE
.bbx files.

But I'm good for now, like/as they say. I lost a bunch of messages I'd not
likely be looking at again for the most part, and I'm starting out with a
nice clean Sent Items folder that I ought to check from time to time and
clean up or just delete the contents of now and then. If I really wanted to
archive message folders, I suppose I'd just rename the Sent Items.dbx file
occasionally and learn a strategy for accessing its messages again in the
future if I wanted to review them. Or something.