[gui-talk] JAWS and Custom Controls

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun Mar 1 20:30:26 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I mainly use Window-Eyes but I've got a question about JAWS.  Sometimes
when Window-Eyes encounters a control that isn't a standard Windows
control it says "custom control".  You then have the ability in
Window-Eyes to reclass this control so it appears to be a standard
Windows control to Window-Eyes.  This sometimes makes custom controls
accessible.  What term does JAWS use for controls that aren't standard
Windows controls and does JAWS have a reclass feature similar to
Window-Eyes?  Thanks in advance for satisfying my curiosity.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com