[gui-talk] FaceBook and MySpace

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sun Jul 26 21:58:35 UTC 2009

My complaint with the AFB March article is that even for Window-Eyes users,
it made some procedures more difficult than they needed to be.  Most of the
things she described can be done in browse mode without having to move the
mouse pointer anywhere.  The article is worth reading because you learn some
terminology, but you will need to find out some of the pitfalls with your
own combination of screen reader and browser.  I still recommend Firefox
over Internet Explorer for Facebook, but you will be going in and out of
forms mode, redrawing the browse buffer, etc. quite often.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls
www.facebook.com/lloyd.rasmussen