[gui-talk] book sense question

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Wed Jul 22 11:43:31 UTC 2009

yes the BookSense does have some unique features that other players do
not have, but we are fair in listing what we don't have as well. For
example, we do not offer RFB&D support and the Victor Reader Stream
does. We will have that in the next release of the BookSense firmware,
but it's not there today. We also don't have multiple languages
available on the BookSense. Since GW Micro is authorized to sell only in
the U.S. It was decided that only English would be offered. Whether this
will change is still in the future to be decided. The BookSense buttons
are not as uniquely shaped as the Victor Reader Stream's buttons and for
some this has caused some concern since the Victor Reader Stream's
buttons have different shapes and are spaced apart more than the
BookSense. So I would still say that although we do want people to buy
the BookSense, we realize it's not for everyone and we point out the
differences when asked.

Many thanks.