[gui-talk] Fwd: Apple's Time Capsule

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun Jul 12 03:39:07 UTC 2009

 From:    Dane Trethowan grtdane at internode.on.net
 To:      VIP L vip-l at softspeak.com.au

Hi!

I've ordered one of these and I'm expecting delivery tomorrow.

What does a Time Capsule do? Well there's no clear answer here as you
can do all sorts of things with this device however the logical course
to take is to allow it to backup all your computers on your network
automatically - whether they be Windows, Mac or whatever - you can of
course use it to store data and so on.

The Time Capsule is a Network router and a hard drive with a USB port
all in 1 so you can add more hard drives with a hub if you like, add a
printer to your network and so on.  As well as having 3 1GBPS ports it
contains the most up to date Wi-Fi standards.

I intend to write a mini review of this device on list but if anyone
would like to follow my wanderings down the Apple Time Capsule lane
then follow my twitter, the details are in the signature part of this
message.

Dane Trethowan