[gui-talk] Fwd: ACB Convention is Coming, and ACB Radio Takes You There!

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Jul 3 11:07:24 UTC 2009

 From:    Steve Matzura number6 at speakeasy.net
 To:      announce announce at acbradio.org

It is my extreme privilege and happy duty to inform you that, once
again, ACB Radio will be netcasting live from the 48th Annual
Convention of the American Council for the Blind annual convention,
this year being held in sunny Orlando, Florida!  Larry Turnbull, our
project director and overall chief, cook, and bottle-washer, will be
anchoring the Main Stream broadcasts from Convention Central, covering
all the hot debates, speechifying, elections, and whatever else may
occur, from the opening entertainment ceremonies Sunday evening right
through to the closing gavel on Friday (or beyond, if need be).  I, on
the other hand, will be bringing you all the madness and mayhem that
you've come to expect when broadcasting from the exhibit hall, where
anything could happen, including impromptu live performances by folks
strolling around with their guitar on their back, product demos of the
latest technology, interviews with passers-by giving their take on the
overall convention experience, shout-outs from fellow conventioneers
to friends back home, and much, much more.  There'll be convention
schedule updates, readings from the daily newspaper delivered to all
convention attendees daily by the great folks of the National Alliance
of Blind Students in our format of choice, selections from the big fat
convention schedule of activities to give you all at home a sense of
just what the convention experience might hold for you should you be
able to make it next time around, all punctuated with commentary by
yours truly, your email and MSN Messenger quotes and quips, and, if
the time can be found, the occasional music break whilst I grab a
glass o' water.  Exhibit hall coverage is slated to begin at 17 hours
Universal (1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific time) on Saturday, July 4th.
Guaranteed, you won't want to miss a minute of any of it!  ACB Radio
is looking forward to bringing you this annual event in all its
colorfulness, as well as to hearing from you via email and MSN /
Windows Messenger during the entire broadcast week.

 From:    Larry Turnbull kc8phj at bellsouth.net

Great announcement Steve!

Also it is with great pleasure that on Saturday at 14:00 UTC ACBRadio
Interactive will be simulcasting with TheRide Radio where Rick and Deb Lewis
will be bringing you a pre convention warm up!
   This will be immediately followed by live coverage from the exhibit hall.
Again that will be on ACBRadio Interactive.

Then I will be bringing you coverage on ACBRadio Mainstream starting Sunday
evening at 6:30 P.M eastern time which is 22:30 UTC on Monday.

We will start with pre convention entertainment.
The entertainer for Sunday evening will be Asli Walker.

Then at 7:00 P.M eastern (23 UTC) Mitch Pomerantz (president of ACB) will
preside over the opening ceremonies.

This will be brought to you live on ACBRadio mainstream!
This session will replay over night and we will be live again on Monday
morning at 8:00 A.M to bring you coverage of the general sessions.

The sessions will replay through the broadcast day.

I will be posting updates through out the convention week right here on the
friends and announce lists as well as the ACB-L list.

So stay tune.

Larry

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net