[gui-talk] Fwd: Device Status 1.0 for Window-Eyes released

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat Feb 21 22:36:11 UTC 2009

From: Vic Beckley
To: gw-scripting at gwmicro.com

Hello all,

I just posted Device Status 1.0.  This script reads the status of devices in Device Manager.  Below is the change log.

Changes in Device Status 1.0:

The script now works with Vista although differently than XP as described below.

Under XP pressing Alt-Windows-D will bring up a list of any devices that are disabled or not working. Arrow to a device and press enter and you will be focused on that device in Device Manager. Press Escape or the Cancel button and you will exit the dialog.

Under Vista pressing Alt-Windows-D will focus the first branch in the Device Manager tree that is expanded.  When a branch has a device that is not working properly, that branch is expanded when you first open Device Manager. You then have to investigate that branch to find the problem.

Under both operating systems you are informed if there are no bad devices.

I also added the Alt-Windows-E shortcut to open a new message in your default mail program already addressed to me. I would like to hear how people like the script and if it does not work as advertised

I hope someone gets some use out of this script.  enjoy!

Vic

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
Windows Live Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com