[gui-talk] outlook and attachments.

Ed Lain edlain at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 10 07:41:42 UTC 2009

Problem solved. Thanks to all of you for your advice. Andrew, you are
correct. I had my sighted friend come up and this is the result:

Open e-mail with attachment. In my situation it simply said, "zipped and
attached". Nothing more.

Go to the file menue, arrow down to "save attachment". Hit enter and the
name of the file is read.

Hit enter a second time and the attachment is saved in "my documents".

I then, must go to the desktop and open "my computer", then, look for "my
documents". Next, open "my documents" and look for the file name. Open the
file and you can read it.

Wow! Its cumbersome but it works. Does anyone know of a short cut key to "my
documents" so I don't have to go through that rigamarow?

Antonio, may I offer some advice concerning your computer locking up? I had
the same problem about threee months ago and eventually my hard drive failed
and I lost years of research documents and addresses.

You wrote in part:

"One very experienced computer technician heard of my experience and
recommended. . . that I totally disconnect and remove the apparently
offending drive."

He is correct, for I was having the same problem you are having and kept
getting warnings but ignored them. Finally the hard drive failed and total
disaster.

Antonio, get rid of that falty drive!

Ed