[gui-talk] Fwd: right bracket key trick for Window-eyes

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 30 02:17:53 UTC 2009

 From:    Raul A. Gallegos raul at gwmicro.com
 To:      GW Info Discussion List gw-info at gwmicro.com

Hello everyone. Mike Pietruk's message about people not using certain
features reminded me of a funny story which until now, was only shared
between the internal staff at GW Micro.

I have been a Window-Eyes user since 1.0 and would consider myself an
expert at using it -- which is why I'm probably here. In any case, I
have found that I am no different when it comes to using some features
all of the time while others hardly at all. Does anyone know what the
right bracket key followed by the t, s, or m keys do in Browse mode?
Amazingly enough, until I came to work here, I didn't know this little
trick of moving to the end of a table, list or frame by using the keys I
mentioned above. Sure I could have looked it up in the manual, but it
was something which I didn't use often enough to really learn. Then some
web sites or some lists I wanted to navigate started popping up and I
found that if I was on a list of 25 items and I quickly wanted to get to
item 24, the best thing to do was right bracket followed by s, then
shift-i once. Before, I would have just used control-shift-f, or just
pressed i from within the list and moved through the items.

So this email is nothing useful other than to share a bit of a funny
inside story which is no longer an inside story.

--
Raul A. Gallegos -- GW Micro Technical Support
Voice: 260-489-3671 -- Fax: 260-489-2608

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com