[gui-talk] Important Security Update for Winamp

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Fri Apr 24 15:12:51 UTC 2009

You are correct, sir. That's why as soon as my coffee takes hold, I'm going
to uninstall Winamp[ and install it all over again, using the Jaws cursor or
even getting a neighbor over here to borrow their eyes so I don't screw it
up again. I just want the player back the way it was before, although it's
nice to know there's a hotkey for toggling between library and playing
screen. But I never use the library. So, as the fiercest Jaws speed jockeys
always say, why bother with two extra finger presses on the keys when life
is a productivity and efficiency race.

But thanks anyway for the heads up in case I ever decide to learn to use
things like the library in a media player. If my not doing so sounds odd, so
be it. I'm not into Skype, or Facebook, or Twitter, either. I just want to
do my regular reading and writing and emailing and sometimes clicking on a
music file in a folder to take a break for five minutes. Not an early
adopter, or whatever the alternate expression Steve used that must be
Australian. Not exactly a Luddite, either, for anyone who's thinking about
that as the opposite.

never mind. I'm probably just joking around with myself in an empty room, as
often happens. No worries. <smile>
ternative----- Original Message -----