[gui-talk] Important Security Update for Winamp

albert griffith albertgriffith at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 23 13:02:01 UTC 2009

Steve, my problem with the, if it ain't broke don't fix it crowd is their
tendency to overlook updates that make improvements to an existing program.
I began using jaws 3.5 but I've updated it often and not because it was
broken.  I updated it to take advantage of improvements made to each new
build.  I update if it means improved security or if the update adds
functionality to the older program.  It's been my experience that program
developers don't spend the time and money to update a product unless they
determine it will work better or.  The, "if it ain't broke don't fix it,"
folks seem to miss the point of updates.  If this post educates one person
and they began keeping their programs current I'll feel I've done well.