[gui-talk] acer netbook

Bryan Brown bryanbrown at solarus.biz
Tue Apr 21 20:30:08 UTC 2009

Hello,

    Thanks to some advice given to me on this list, I created a disk ,
"thumb drive" of .iso files I've got a 4 gig drive with my JFW Kurzweil and
MS Office 2003 all on it and ready for install on my Acer, I used the ultra
iso program, it was very easy and there is still room on the thumb drive, it
has come in very handy. I also purchased a 9 cell battery for my Acer Aspire
Netbook from Amazon, it's not recommended by Acer but it seems to work very
well, I'm not done conditioning it yet, and it does add some weight but I
just didn't have faith in either the 3 or 6 cell batteries, on the first run
I got about 10.5 hours out of the 9 cell. I think it was well worth it.and
having all my programs on a portable drive ready to go is also very nice. I
hope that helps.

    Bryan