[gui-talk] this fax thing

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Thu Dec 18 04:11:11 UTC 2008

I've got Open Book, a scanner,and I'm pretty sure my computer has a fax
modem right in some slot that I happen not to use because I have a DSL
Internet connection.  So as far as I know, I don't need some Cloud-based
service to fax something. I just need someone to explain correctly how to
set things up so that I'll bypass my dsl modem when I want to in order to
fax something using my scanner and Open Books' scan function!

Someone once said something rather complicated about hooking up all kind  of
stuff every time tyou do this,and then someone told me that wasn't right and
it wasn't such a complicated thing to do.
But how?