[gui-talk] admin: posts out of order

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Dec 17 16:36:29 UTC 2008

Laura,

Dave is the administrator of this list and he may have more comments.  Unless you are reading each message as it comes in, the order you see them is usually
determined by your mail program.  The order is often one of the properties of each mail folder.  If you filter messages into specific folders, check the properties of the
folder into which this lists mail is placed.  Another possible issue is the specific date and time upon which a list is sorted.  If you use the date and time sent, sometimes
the time zones can cause mail to appear out of order.  There are a number of ways in which mail could be received and sent out of order, but I don't know of
anything that would cause list maile to be sent in revers order because we would not know when you were going to retrieve mail.  Therefore, I am thinking it is most
likely that one of your folder settings needs to be changed or that something else happened as a matter of coincidence that put the messages out of order.

Best regards,

Steve