[gui-talk] jaws 9 question

tatyana tagrig at verizon.net
Tue Dec 9 01:39:27 UTC 2008

    Hi all,

1. I have Windows xp  and recently installed Jaws 9 demo. When I go in any
folder Jaws announces each items in a list twice. I would like to turn it
off  so Jaws says it only once, but I can not find such a check box. By the
way, on the desktop, Jaws announces all items  only one time. Verbocity
level is advanced.
I'll appreciate any sudjestions or explanations how to fight that.

2. Another problem, in Outlook express 2004, when I want to write a new
message, Jaws does not announce the name of each edit field such as "to",
"cc,vc", "subject".

Also, in the field "To"  when I type an address of a recipient, It's  placed
there automatically but Jaws does not announce it. So I have to check if a
correct name is placed there by spelling.

I played with all verbocity levels and it did not work out.

Please  let me  know if anyone encounters the same things.

Thank you. Tatyana.