[gui-talk] [Fwd: New Software for the Braille Sense and Voice Senseis Released]

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Dec 7 06:05:17 UTC 2008

Hi, Raul.

Downloaded and installed the latest firmware and everything is
copacetic.

I have one question or, perhaps, a report of a bug, however. When using
the Word Processor or writing email and using the Grade 2 translator
(default mode), if I write an abbreviation such as NFB which is all
capitals by doing the usual braille thing and preceding it by two
dot-6's, at somewhat random intervals or almost always if I go back and
listen to my text with Enter-G, every word after that appears in all
caps even though I did not write them that way until a word with a
beginning capital letter (also done by preceding by dot-6) is
encountered, after which things return to normal. Am I missing something
here (I don't own Duxbury) or is there a flaw here? When I learned
braille, continuous capitalization denoted by two dot-6 symbols
terminated with punctuation or a space so that one had to preceed
*every* word one wanted to be all capitals with two dot-6's. Yet this
doesn't seem to be the way the Braille Sense Plus firmware works. Is
this by design or is it a "feature"? (har)

Thanks.

Mike