[Colorado-Talk] Chapter documents

Alice George ageorge8221 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 20:56:54 UTC 2021

Hi Peggy,

I'm so happy you are preserving the history of NFB in Colorado. We should
never forget our early NFBCO leaders and know how our organization has
evolved. Thank you for leading the way.

As I told you last year, I was a member and president most years of the
Loveland NFB chapter. I was involved with the chapter from 1981, when it was
either first organized or maybe re-organized, until it disbanded around 2008
or later. During those 25 plus years, the chapter's documents and photos
ended up at my house as various members left the chapter or died. Later,
when my husband and I began cleaning out 36 years of accumulated stuff from
our home before moving to a much smaller house, I asked staff at NFB if they
would like to have my Loveland NFB Chapter documents and photos. I was
firmly told "no" - mainly because NFB was not collecting old things and did
not have storage space for it. Now, it makes me very sad that those Loveland
Chapter records cannot be reclaimed. Chapter members who might possibly have
duplicates are deceased. A couple of photos and articles may be available in
the Loveland Reporter-Herald Newspaper; however, I'm not real tech savvy and
am not really interested in trying to research them.

Keep up your great work and thanks again for doing it!

Alice