[Colorado-Talk] A small Problem With Our Accessible Ballot Marking System

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:32:54 UTC 2020

Greetings and felicitations:

Regarding the accessible online ballot marking system here in Colorado, I
have uncovered a small bug which has already been reported to the office of
the Colorado Secretary of State.

As I have indicated in previous emails, when using the accessible online
ballot marking system, two documents need to be printed:

*	the ballot itself and
*	the ballot application (which is supposed to be filled in with all
of your information).

As it turns out, your address is not filled in by the software even though
the ballot application document has a spot for it.

When I reported this problem to my contact in the Secretary of State's
office, I was reassured that the problem would be forwarded on to the
vendor, Democracy Live. I was also assured that there is enough information
on the ballot application (e.g., your name, birth date, and either the last
four digits of your Social Security number or your state ID number) that the
county clerk should not reject the application.

If anyone has a ballot rejected because of a missing address on the ballot
application, I would appreciate it if you could send me an email at
chong.curtis at gmail.com to add to my admittedly limited store of information
on this particular problem.

Thank you.

Cordially,