[Colorado-Talk] There’s Something About Scooters

Gary Van Dorn garyvdrn at msn.com
Sat May 23 18:19:14 UTC 2020

Slate published the article "There’s Something About Scooters <https://slate.com/technology/2020/04/dockless-scooters-cities-safer-better.html>” on 27 April 2020.  Reading the article is making me think of the resolution we overwhelmingly passed at our National Convention last year.  This article is advocating for more scooters and infrastructure.  I would like to know your opinion.  What experiences do we have as blind people with bike lanes?  Do you continue encountering the pesky scooters in locations that make it difficult to travel safely?  What other thoughts do you have on this issue?

Chapter and Division Presidents, could you include this issue on your upcoming agendas if time permits?  The NFBCO, in conjunction with the NFB, must ensure any improvements to infrastructure include the blind.

Gary Van Dorn
Treasurer, Mile High NFBCO
Chair, Mile High NFBCO Transportation Committee
Board Member, NFBCO
Treasurer, NFBCO Sports & Recreation Division
President, NFB Public Employees Division