[Colorado-Talk] NFBCO Mountain Hour at 5 Week 10

Jessica Beecham jbbeecham at gmail.com
Mon May 18 03:28:39 UTC 2020

Hello Friends

We are entering week 10 of our Mountain Time at 5 virtual workshops and we have an exciting lineup in store!.

Monday, May 18 5pm Mountain

My Blindness Monday

Get to know NFBCO president Scott LaBarre! Our Colorado friends will have the first stab at questions but everyone is welcome to submit questions in advance at slabarre at labarrelaw.com or assistance at nfbco.org. or ask your question on the call Monday night.  Whether you are curious about his favorite legal case or cocktail, or his favorite weekend pastime, this will be a time to get to know Scott better!

Tuesday, March 19 5pm mountain

Tactile Art Club Origami lesson

Are you ready to unfold your creativity? Join us to learn origami through Tactile Art Club (TAC). We can't wait to create with all of you! All you need is paper! Square paper is best but if you have a rectangle, no problem!

Wednesday, March 20 5pm Mountain all levels workout 5:45 advanced workout

Ready, set, sweat! Get ready to move with us! Bring your water. At 5:45 we will move to an advanced workout.

Thursday,  May 21 5PM mountain

Talk Tech and beyond with Mike May

Join us to talk tech and more with Mike May, chief evangelist for Access Explorer. Mike has invented, explored and educated across the blindness field and he will be with us to share his wisdom and insight. Mikes tremendous accomplishments in the realm of assistive tech and blindness are inspirational and impressive and you definitely won’t want to miss the chance to talk tech and more.

Friday, May 22, 5pm mountain

Philosophy Friday

Join us for a thought provoking discussion of blindness and the future of employment. What will the future of employment for blind people look like? How can we leverage changes from the COVID-19 pandemic to come out ahead? How far have we really come when it comes to employment?  Come prepared to share your ideas and we will discuss these questions and more.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5955066474

Meeting ID: 595 506 6474
One tap mobile