[Colorado-Talk] Powerful Search Tool Training For Windows Users

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:07:40 UTC 2020

Greetings all:

If you use Windows and if you are longing for a fully accessible and
powerful search tool which will help you to find that hard-to-find document,
picture, or audio file, read on.

This email will tell you about a training course which is not free but
remarkably inexpensive offered by Hartgen Consultancy. For those who don't
know, Hartgen Consultancy is a company in the United Kingdom which has
produced quite a few scripts for the JAWS screen reader. Last month, I took
a course from Hartgen Consultancy which provided tons of useful information
about the new Microsoft Edge web browser.

<begin excerpt from Hartgen Consultancy>

Do you need to find an important document quickly on your computer? How
about searching for the song you want to hear which you know you've
downloaded but cannot remember where it is? How about locating a report
you've written which contains a specific word or phrase? These things and
many more can be achieved through the Everything program from Voidtools.

The ambitiously named Everything is an accessible piece of easy-to-use
Windows PC software that bypasses Windows search with a lightning quick
interface and real-time results for all of the files and folders in your
local storage device or any subsection of it. You can also search for text
strings within the content of documents or maybe song or artist names of
audio files. Its efficiency, effectiveness, stability, and low system
resource usage make it a keeper utility.

How it works is the subject of our new training course: "Hold Everything,
using the Everything Program with JAWS for Windows".

If it's that simple, why do I need to buy a training course to learn how to
use it?

Everything contains an enormous amount of power which you may not know
about. Given that we use this program every day, we've learned lots of
strategies to make searching for items quick and easy, all of which will be
shared with you. And what's more, the JAWS scripts accompanying this class
mean you gain even more power when using it.

Why Do You Need JAWS Scripts When the Application is So Accessible?

Come along and find out. You will love what they can do to help you search
for content you need to locate in seconds. When you use Everything to search
for hundreds of items per day as we do, you'll discover how much time these
scripts can save. JAWS is much more than a screen-reader and we've always
pushed it to its absolute limit to enhance productivity. That's what you
will find here.

What Will I Learn?

The training course is in one lesson of 90 minutes duration. The topics will
include:

*	Carrying out a simple search.
*	Examining the results.
*	How the JAWS scripts significantly improve the searching experience.
*	Open folder location.
*	Filter by specific file type or group.
*	Locating files exclusively in a folder.
*	Finding files modified today or this week.
*	Searching the content of files.
*	A discussion of file indexing.
*	Real-time updating.
*	Finding recently modified files.
*	Operators and Wildcards.
*	Search ranking - opening frequently run files.
*	Bookmarking.
*	Keyboard shortcuts.
*	Everything's Options and Indexes.
*	Locating Help information for topics we're not able to cover.

Training Date.

This 90 minute training course will take place on Wednesday 22 April 2020 at
7 PM UK time which is 2 PM US Eastern.

The training course is priced £30 which is approximately $35, and will give
to you:

*	One lesson on Wednesday 22 April at 7 PM UK time (2 PM US Eastern).
The training session is hosted using our Zoom conferencing facility. An app
is available for Windows, I O S, Android, or you can participate by
telephone using a local number to several countries. Full instructions for
accessing the conference, and the telephone numbers, will be provided to
you.
*	A recording of the lesson in MP3 audio format which you can download
whenever you want. The link to the file will not expire.
*	Access to an email list for discussion of Everything . Only those
people who have signed up prior to the commencement of the training course
receive access to the email list.
*	Plenty of opportunities to ask questions in between the various
topics being discussed. This is another important part of enrolling in the
training course now, rather than purchasing an archive of it at a later
date. You will not get the opportunity of asking questions directly if you
purchase an archive of the training course.

If you would like to join our training course, payments should be made by 15
April 2020. You can purchase Hold Everything here.
<https://www.hartgenconsultancy.com/store.php?rn=694&action=show_detail>

Alternatively, please send an email to brian at hartgenconsultancy.com
whereupon an invoice can be sent to you so that you can pay for the training
course online.

Conclusion.

Learn how to find folders and files with incredible ease and speed with
Everything and JAWS for Windows. There's everything to gain and nothing to
lose!

<end of excerpt>

Cordially,

Curtis Chong