[Colorado-Talk] First Reminder: July Meeting of the Aurora Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 20:47:06 UTC 2020

Greetings and felicitations:

The July meeting of the Aurora Chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of Colorado will be held on Saturday, July 25, starting at 10:30 AM
and adjourning no later than 12:30 PM mountain time. We will be conducting
our usual business. In addition, this being so close to the end of our
fabulous National Federation of the Blind convention, we will be talking
about the convention itself and learning how well our members and others
were able to participate using the Zoom meeting platform. What did you find
to be useful and enjoyable about the virtual nature of the convention? What
worked for you? What problems did you encounter, and could you use some
suggestions to help you with future virtual meetings and conferences?

Please be thinking about how, under the current situation, we as a chapter
might have some Meet the Blind Month activities in October to continue our
ongoing work of educating the public about blindness and blind people. And
is it time to start thinking about raising funds for our chapter?

As we did for our June meeting, we will be using the Zoom platform. As the
host and meeting moderator, I plan to check into the meeting on or about
10:00 so that early arrivals can connect in and chat with each other before
the meeting actually starts.

You can join the meeting by making a traditional conference phone call or
using the Zoom client program on a computer, smart phone, or tablet.

Joining the Zoom Meeting With a Traditional Phone Call

To join the meeting, call 720-707-2699. When asked to enter the meeting ID,
enter 957 2811 6213 followed by the pound sign.

While in the call, you can use The following two commands which you can
enter with your telephone's dial keypad:

Star 6 to mute and unmute yourself during the meeting.

Star 9 to raise or lower your virtual hand.

If you are using your iPhone to dial into the meeting, take advantage of the
following one-tap mobile link here:
+17207072699,,95728116213#

Joining the Meeting Using the Zoom Software

Here is the direct link to join the Zoom meeting using Zoom:
 <https://zoom.us/j/95728116213?pwd=SVczb1lNVzByNFhMbG1Odjk5TnJIdz09>
https://zoom.us/j/95728116213?pwd=SVczb1lNVzByNFhMbG1Odjk5TnJIdz09

The following information is available if you need it:

Meeting ID: 957 2811 6213

Meeting Password: 984641

If any of this information is confusing, please feel free to call me
directly at 303-745-0473. Also, if you have any trouble connecting on the
day of the meeting, please call me right away at this same number.

I look forward to seeing all of you at our meeting on June 27. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Curtis Chong, Secretary