[Colorado-Talk] Sharing holiday cheer with our Federation families

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Dec 19 18:10:58 UTC 2020

Looking forward to it!

Jo Elizabeth Pinto

Check out my author Web site at
http://www.brightsideauthor.com.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Kevan Worley via Colorado-Talk
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 10:56 AM
To: Colorado Talk <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Kevan Worley <kevan at nfbco.org>
Subject: [Colorado-Talk] Sharing holiday cheer with our Federation families

Greetings my federation brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and spiritual blind children and all of our non-blind family members as well. Greetings to you all. As the song says, it’s Christmas time in the city! It’s Christmas time in the country. It’s Christmas time in Durango and it’s Christmas time in Boulder. And we’re going to have a festive mountain time at five bazaar holiday show this coming Monday evening. I just received a wonderful sweet potato cake recipe from our Colorado Center for the Blind chef in residence, Dishon Spears. He’ll share that with us. Our old friends Tom and Linda Anderson may have moved to Kansas. But they will be with us to perform. What are the holidays like in the LaBarre home. They will share. Many of you have heard our talented Greeley chapter president JJ Aragon perform. If you are able to join Monday’s mountain time at five you will hear her perform as well. We will debut the brand new holiday song from national recording artist and national Federation of the blind scholarship recipient precious Perez. Peter Slatin is a graduate of our Colorado Center for the Blind. He also serves on the centers board of directors.   Peter and his wife live in Manhattan.  What was Hanukkah like for Peter this year? Peter tells me that due to pandemic the streets of Manhattan are a lot quieter at Christmas time this year. Peter will join us. I’ve always thought the cello was one of the most beautiful and hardest to play of all of the instruments. Can a totally blind woman take her place as a principal cellist in a professional civic orchestra. She can. And she does. You will hear her play so beautifully if you join us for this Monday’s mountain time at five bazaar holiday show. Can Ileen Gallegos actually do the zoom zoom zoom song as a hip hop Feliz Navidad song. We will find out. There will be door prizes galore. Did any of you hear our national director of public relations Chris Danielsen and our colleague Parnell Diggs sing Little drummer boy on the most recent presidential release? They will reprise that number for us this Monday. Gordon Mote is a highly sought after Nashville musician. He plays on many many Nashville recording sessions. He is an amazing gospel recording artist in his own right. Gordan is a blind guy and he will perform. Have you ever heard Jessica Beecham sing frosty the snowman. I have. Believe me, we must do everything in our power to keep her from singing it this Monday on our mountain time at five holiday bazaar show. Or is it our bizarre holiday show. By the time we figure out exactly what we’re calling it. It will be Tuesday. Whatever you call it. I think it will be our last Mountain time at five for the year of our Lord 2020. I hope you can join us for at least part of the show. We will want to hear some of your holiday traditions. Sacred or secular. We will open the reception on zoom at 4:40 Monday afternoon. Or should I say we will open, 20 minutes before mountain time at five. Believe me, there is much much more we have not yet announced. So plan to join early and stay late. Either participate. Or just let it run in the background and enjoy! The! Show! Find the zoom link in your latest blind Colorado news blog. It is our regular mountain time at five zoom zoom zoom link. But we will post again on Colorado Talk soon. Spread the word. Tell your federation family members all across the country to join our bazaar holiday show. Bring your own fruit cake. We don’t want it. Much love happy Christmas! And goodbye 2020. We are done with you! Happy 2021.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Colorado-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/colorado-talk_nfbnet.org/jopinto%40msn.com