[Colorado-Talk] Disney Plus Not Accessible to the Blind

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 16:00:17 UTC 2019

Greetings all:

As I was trying to point out yesterday when I started this discussion
(albeit not successfully), the Disney Plus website, as of yesterday, was
difficult or impossible for a lot of blind folks to use-particularly on the
page where credit card information needed to be entered. Yes, there were
some nonvisual users who were able to get through the problem, but there
were a lot more who couldn't. My concern was the level of difficulty
required to solve the problem based on the way the Disney Plus site was set
up yesterday. I submit that most blind people are not technology experts.
Nor are they fortunate enough to have more than one computer system or web
browser at their disposal. Perhaps they should, but should they be penalized
if they don't? I don't think so.

I trust that we can eliminate any acrimony from this discussion and share
such information as we have to help people who want to sign up for Disney
Plus to make the task as easy as we can for them.

Thank you.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong