[Colorado-Talk] Colorado Calls Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Legislative Alert - July 22, 2019

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 02:25:20 UTC 2019

Hey there, Colorado Federationists!

Recovered from convention yet? Time to get back to work on our
legislative priorities in Congress. We all received the e-mail this
week from John Pare, which is quoted below the info I am providing.
John points out that the House adjourns this Friday, so we need to
call tomorrow morning if possible to our respective House members.  Of
course, please call both of our Senators, too. The Senate Adjourns
next week. Both will be shut down for the month of August.  I am
asking that you try to make the call to your Representative for sure
tomorrow.

The two bills are the Transition to Competitive Employment Act, which
will phase out subminimum wages, and the Access Technology
Affordability Act, which would create a tax credit for blind people
who need to purchase assistive technology, such as JAWS or ZoomText or
a Braille note taker.  More info is in John Pare's e-mail below mine.

There are two ways to call. You can contact your member of Congress by
calling the Capitol Switchboard and asking for the office in question.
The number is 202-224-3121.

The other is to call the office directly, and I've given the names of
the House and Senate members below with their office numbers.

House of Representatives
H.R. 2086 - Access Technology Affordability Act - Sponsored by Mike
Thompson (D-CA-5)
H.R. 873 - The Transition to Competitive Employment Act - Sponsored by
Bobby Scott (D-VA-3)

Rep. Ken Buck
202-225-4676

Rep. Jason Crow
(202) 225-7882

Rep. Diana DeGette
202-225-4431

Rep. Doug Lamborn
202-225-4422

Rep. Joe Neguse Already a cosponsor of H.R. 873 to end subminimum
wages. Thank him!)
202-225-2161

Rep. Ed Perlmutter
202-225-2645

Rep. Scott Tipton
202-225-4761

Senate
S. 815 - Access Technology Affordability Act - Sponsored by John Boozman (R-AR)
S. 260 - The Transition to Competitive Employment Act - Sponsored by
Bob Casey (D-PA)

Senator Michael Bennet
202-224-5852

Senator Cory Gardner
202-224-5941

Thanks for your part in advancing our Congressional priorities! You
calls matter.

Best,
Dan