[Colorado-talk] Revised Convention Bulletin

Lisa Bonderson lbonderson at cocenter.org
Fri Sep 7 19:47:00 UTC 2018

Revised to include additional hotel reservation information and revised meal pricing structure.

CONVENTION BULLETIN 1!
 THE BLIND OF COLORADO LIVING THE LIVES WE WANT!

THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND<http://www.nfbco.org/>
OF COLORADO<http://www.nfbco.org/>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D446B1.3DC7D890]

64th ANNUAL STATE CONVENTION
October 25 through October 28

The 64th Annual State Convention will kick off Thursday October 25 in Denver, Colorado. The fun will continue all weekend long with exhibitors, informative presentations, seminars, and much more!  Join the largest gathering of blind men and women in Colorado to make a difference in the lives of the blind across the state!

Please note that the Convention is still being planned and not all sessions are finalized.  Stay tuned for a full Convention Agenda slated to be released in early October.

Thursday afternoon will kick off the Convention with seminars on leadership, chapter building, and exciting developments in NFB-Newsline(r).  Thursday evening will feature a seminar on Colorado Federation history with special guests which include the Blind History Lady, a research fellow from Harvard, and Immediate Past President of the Federation, Marc Maurer.

Friday morning will start off with registration and our sponsors and exhibitors show case.  We will also hold the meeting of the Resolutions Committee where we will discuss the Federation's policy goals for this and coming years.  A General Convention Session and luncheon will begin at 11:00 am.  Afterward, we will transition into a variety of stimulating workshops.  On Friday evening, we will offer social activities including a fully accessible escape room and other live entertainment.

Saturday morning will open with registration and a sponsors and exhibitors showcase.  This will be followed by the second General Session of the Convention when we will hear from our National Representative, Pam Allen, Executive Director of the Louisiana Center for the Blind, First Vice President, NFB Board of Directors and President, NFB Louisiana; a state Presidential Report, a Colorado Center for the Blind update, My Blindness, Myself (blind individuals telling their story about their blindness and living the lives they want) and many other inspirational and informative items.  Saturday afternoon will highlight various division meetings.  We will reach the high point of our Convention Saturday night with our Annual Banquet with a keynote address from our National Representative, Pam Allen, presentation of awards and scholarships, the drawing for our Amazing Colorado Raffle, offering $4,000 in cash prizes, our Annual Fundraising Auction, socializing, and much, much more.

The last day of Convention, Sunday, begins with a Chapter/Division Breakfast where we will hear reports from all of our entities and share useful information on how to build the Federation.  The last General Session will take up other inspirational presentations and the business of the NFB of Colorado.  The Convention will adjourn no later than 11:47 am.

NOTE:  Exhibitors will be demonstrating their products on Friday and Saturday.
Look for information about our vendors times and location.

THE NFBCO CONVENTION HOTEL:  Our 2018 convention will be held at the Marriott Denver South at Park Meadows located at 10345 Park Meadows Dr., Lone Tree, CO 80124.  Just off the Lincoln light rail stop (E Line), the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows offers convenience, the beauty of Denver, exciting entertainment options of the Park Meadows Mall, and the comfort that has become synonymous with the Marriott Brand.  When you add in over 300 of your favorite blind friends you have one FANTASTIC NFBCO convention!

HOTEL ROOM RATES:  The NFBCO room rate is $98 a night.  There is no limit on room occupancy.  Reservations MUST be made by Monday, October 8.
To reserve your room call the hotel at 303-925-0004.  You will need to press 1 for reservations which will take you to the Marriott 1-800 number call center.  You must mention that you are with the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado.  If they cannot find our block under our full name, try asking for NFB.  If this still doesn't work please contact me, Lisa Bonderson, at 303-504-5979.

Pre-registration fees BEFORE October 12
$20 registration
$25 Friday luncheon
$25 Saturday luncheon
$40 Saturday banquet
Total:  $110.00

Registration fees AFTER October 12
$25 registration
$30 Friday luncheon
$30 Saturday luncheon
$45 Saturday banquet
Total:  130.00 (Save $20.00 and pre-register!)

Stay tuned to your email and check our web site at www.nfbco.org<http://www.nfbco.org> for more information about convention registration. OR Contact Lisa Bonderson at lkb at labarrelaw.com<mailto:lkb at labarrelaw.com>.

FOR MORE CONVENTION INFORMATION CONTACT:
Scott C. LaBarre, President
Phone: (303) 504-5979
slabarre at labarrelaw.com<mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>