[Colorado-talk] Secondary audio program channel

Michael massey52 at q.com
Tue Feb 6 19:10:47 UTC 2018

Hi, all.  I am putting this message on the list at the suggestion of Joel
Zimba after calling the Nfb answer line with my concern.

For approximately a month, I am unable to access the secondary audio program
channel (a.k.a. SAP, particularly on Krdo Tv channel 13 which is the Abc
affiliate in Colorado Springs.  I have direct Tv, and when I press the
buttons necessary to access the Sap channel during times when video
desscription is supposed to be available, there is silence.  I have tried to
contact the chief engineer and left voicemails with no response.

If anyone on this list cannot access the Sap channel, please try to contact
the engineering department of the station from which the issue is occurring.
Incidentally, the feature was working until about a month ago.  The feature
is working properly on all other channels where the feature is available.
Incidentally, when I did make contact with the chief engineer at Krdo
because I had difficulty leaving a message, he just happened to answer the
phone.  His explanation that Abc passes the information to the station, and
if there is no video description, then you of course won't hear it.  I do
not accept the engineer's explanation under the circumstances.   Thank you.

Michael Massey, president, Nfb Pueblo chapter